Water Heater Repair & Replacement In Mesa, AZ
Proudly Serving the Valley with Professional Water Heater Installation & Service
It’s important to have hot water throughout your home, and at Smith Plumbing, Heating and Cooling, we’re proud to serve our customers with quality services for water heaters in Mesa. Our team of trusted, licensed, and experienced technicians can gladly install, maintain, and service water heaters and filtration systems.
We have been providing our customers with exceptional plumbing services since 1968, and we can help you, too. Our water heating and filtration team will work with you to determine if a part needs to be repaired or replaced, or if you need a new unit installed. Additionally, we offer around-the-clock emergency services to help fix broken water heaters at any time of day.
Smith Plumbing, Heating and Cooling is available 24/7 and we aim for same-day service. Call us at (480) 418-9633 or through filling out our online contact form today.
What Is the Lifespan of a Water Heater?
Did you know that the average working lifespan of a water heater is only between 8 and 10 years? Water heaters require regular maintenance to be kept in top working condition, and without normally scheduled tune-ups, a water heater may fail.
What Are the Most Common Water Heater Issues?
Smith Plumbing, Heating and Cooling can help you with a variety of water heater concerns, including:
- Keeping your heater running properly
- Replacing parts that are worn out or broken
- Determining the efficiency of the heater for the size of home and water consumption you have
- Replacing entire units and systems
Having a water heater that is properly working can help reduce your energy bills and give you peace of mind.
Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair
Your water heater plays a crucial role in your daily comfort, providing hot water for showers, laundry, dishes, and more. When it starts to malfunction, it can disrupt your routine and cause inconvenience.
Recognizing the signs of a water heater in distress is essential to avoid unexpected breakdowns and costly repairs. At Smith Plumbing, Heating and Cooling, we want to help you stay ahead of potential issues.
Here are some common signs that your water heater may need repair:
- Inconsistent Water Temperature: If you notice that your hot water is suddenly fluctuating between scalding hot and icy cold, your water heater may have a thermostat problem or a faulty heating element. Inconsistent water temperature can make daily tasks uncomfortable and even unsafe.
- Strange Noises: Unusual noises coming from your water heater, such as popping, banging, or hissing sounds, can indicate sediment buildup at the bottom of the tank. This sediment can lead to overheating, reduced efficiency, and even tank damage. Regular maintenance can help prevent this issue.
- Reduced Hot Water Supply: A sudden decrease in the amount of hot water your water heater produces can be a sign of a malfunctioning heating element, a broken dip tube, or sediment buildup. If your hot showers are getting shorter, it’s time to have your water heater inspected.
- Leaks or Water Pooling: Any signs of water leakage around your water heater should never be ignored. Leaks can indicate a damaged tank, pressure relief valve issues, or loose connections. Addressing leaks promptly is crucial to prevent water damage to your home.
- Discolored or Rusty Water: If the hot water coming from your taps appears discolored or has a rusty tint, it may be due to internal corrosion within your water heater tank. Corrosion can weaken the tank and lead to leaks. Regular flushing and maintenance can help prevent this issue.
- Foul Odors: Foul-smelling hot water could be a sign of bacteria growth within the tank. This can not only produce unpleasant odors but also affect water quality. A thorough cleaning and disinfection may be required.
- Age of the Water Heater: The lifespan of a water heater typically ranges from 8 to 15 years, depending on the type and maintenance. If your water heater is approaching or surpassing this age range, it may be more cost-effective to consider a replacement rather than extensive repairs.
- Pilot Light Problems: For gas water heaters, a pilot light that frequently goes out or refuses to stay lit can be a sign of issues with the gas supply, thermocouple, or burner assembly.
If you’ve noticed any of these signs or suspect that your water heater is not performing as it should, it’s time to call in the experts at Smith Plumbing, Heating and Cooling. Our experienced technicians can diagnose the problem, provide necessary repairs, and ensure your water heater continues to provide reliable hot water for your home.
Don’t wait until a small issue becomes a major headache; contact us today to schedule a water heater inspection and repair service. Your comfort and peace of mind are our top priorities.
When to Consider Water Heater Replacement
Your water heater is an essential appliance that provides hot water for bathing, cleaning, cooking, and more. Like any appliance, it has a finite lifespan, and there comes a time when replacement is a more cost-effective and practical solution than ongoing repairs.
At Smith Plumbing, Heating and Cooling, we want you to be informed about when it’s the right time to consider water heater replacement
Here are some key factors to help you make that decision:
Age of the Water Heater
Water heaters are not designed to last indefinitely.
The average lifespan of a water heater varies depending on the type:
- Gas Water Heaters: Typically last 8 to 12 years.
- Electric Water Heaters: Generally have a lifespan of 10 to 15 years.
- Tankless Water Heaters: Can last 20 years or more with proper maintenance.
If your water heater is approaching or surpassing its expected lifespan, it’s prudent to consider replacement, even if it’s currently functioning without issues. Older units are more likely to experience problems and are less energy-efficient than newer models.
Are you finding yourself calling for water heater repairs more frequently? If you’re investing in repairs several times a year, it may be more cost-effective in the long run to replace your water heater. Continual repairs can add up quickly and may not guarantee long-term reliability.
As water heaters age, they become less efficient at heating water. You may notice increased energy bills as your water heater works harder to maintain the desired temperature. Replacing an older unit with a newer, energy-efficient model can lead to substantial energy savings over time.
Inadequate Hot Water
If your water heater is struggling to meet your household’s hot water demands, even after adjustments or maintenance, it may be undersized or experiencing internal issues. Upgrading to a larger or more powerful unit may be necessary to ensure an adequate supply of hot water.
Leaks or Corrosion
Water leakage around your water heater is a clear sign of a problem. Leaks can lead to water damage and should not be ignored. Additionally, visible corrosion on the tank is an indication that the unit is deteriorating, which can result in leaks and reduced performance.
Changes in Water Quality
A decline in water quality, such as rust-colored or metallic-tasting water, could be a sign of corrosion within the tank. If your water heater is the source of water quality issues, it’s time to consider replacement.
Older water heaters, especially gas models, may pose safety risks if they are not functioning correctly. Safety should always be a top priority, so if you have any concerns about the safety of your water heater, consult a professional technician for an evaluation.
At Smith Plumbing, Heating and Cooling, our expert technicians can assess your water heater’s condition and provide guidance on whether it’s time for a replacement. We offer a range of energy-efficient and reliable water heaters to meet your specific needs. Don’t wait for a complete breakdown.
What Are The Benefits Of Timely Water Heater Repair?
A water heater is an essential appliance in every household, providing hot water for daily chores like showering, cooking, and cleaning.
Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of timely water heater repair:
1. Improved Energy Efficiency
A malfunctioning water heater can lead to a host of problems, including reduced efficiency, higher energy bills, and inconsistent water temperature. However, with timely repairs, you can ensure that your water heater runs smoothly and efficiently, saving you money and reducing energy consumption.
2.Extended Water Heater Lifespan
Neglecting minor issues in your water heater can lead to significant damage, reducing its lifespan and requiring expensive replacements. Regular maintenance and timely repairs from a professional technician can help extend the lifespan of your water heater and prevent costly replacements.
3. Safe Water Heater Operation
A water heater malfunction can lead to serious safety hazards like gas leaks, carbon monoxide poisoning, and fire outbreaks. Timely repairs and maintenance can identify potential safety risks and prevent dangerous situations from occurring.
4.Reduced Water Damage
A leaking water heater can cause significant water damage to your home, leading to mold growth, property damage, and health risks. Timely repairs can help identify and fix leaks, preventing water damage and maintaining a healthy living environment.
Timely water heater repair is crucial to ensure optimal performance, improve efficiency, extend lifespan, ensure safe operation, and prevent water damage.
Water Filtration Systems in Mesa, AZ
Arizona is notorious for hard water — having a water softener can help! Softer water reduces staining, makes your water taste better, and preserves your home’s appliances and plumbing.
Our team offers a variety of water treatment system repairs and installations. We have experience working with reverse osmosis systems, traditional softeners, water conditioning systems, and carbon water filtration systems.